Love in Literature Template

Friday, December 28, 2012

Home

My Dear Husband,

You've been home for a week. One more week to go and we'll be back at the airport saying goodbye. Again.

Your children were so excited to see you, they were providing plenty of amusement for those around us. I saw more than one smile from the people waiting for their loved ones.

When you came to the top of the escalators, I almost didn't recognize you. If I hadn't known exactly what to look for, I might not have thought it was you. But, in the end, how could I not know the man I've loved for what feels like my whole life?

Like you, I couldn't keep from crying. The look on your face when you saw your children was almost more joy than I could hold in, myself.

And I have to admit, finally getting to touch your bald head again was almost all I needed to feel you were really home. The kiss just sealed the deal.

You're home. I'm trying to make sure I value every second. If I could slow down time, I would. But, in the end, you will go back and I will be here. The strings where our hearts are attached will have to stretch again. I hope it won't hurt so much this time since it will be familiar.

I love you, my Soldier.

With all of everything I am.

Yours,

Girly

P.S. Thank you to the woman who offered to take our family picture. You made my day!