Love in Literature Template

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness

My Dear Husband,

I think today might be the hardest day that I've had in a long time. It took time, but I eventually adjusted to you being gone. Holidays are different.

When I think about it, this is the first major Holiday that you aren't home. Thanksgiving is about family, food, and thankfulness for what we have been given by God. So, in an attempt to avoid a pity party on my end, I want to tell you how thankful I am for you.

I'm thankful I found you. I can claim that all myself. I found you. I just didn't know it was you at first.

I'm thankful that you recognized who I was to you even when I didn't. 

I'm thankful that our relationship was so easy and so safe.

I'm thankful that we were so in love that we didn't think about how scared the world thought we should be getting married so soon after meeting.

I'm thankful that we had time together to get to know each other so well before we added children into our lives.

I'm thankful that I was able to give you children. They have been an amazing blessing in our lives and I couldn't imagine how our lives would be without them.

I'm thankful that you graduated with a degree in studies that you love. Your passion makes me smile.

I'm thankful that when life didn't seem to go the way we had planned, you kept looking for the answer. You didn't give up.

I'm thankful that you are brave enough, strong enough and loving enough to serve your entire country.

I'm thankful that because you chose to serve your country in the Army, that we have both become stronger as a result. 

I'm thankful that we are teaching our children about patriotism and self-sacrifice. The country will be a better place as this generation of "Military Brats" grows up.

I'm thankful that our future, though not completely clear to us, has a definite path.

Finally, I'm thankful to be an Army Wife. I'm thankful to be your wife.

I love you! You're my favorite.

Yours,

Girly