My Dear Husband,
You always know what to do. I will miss that while you're away.
There has never been a time when I haven't had you nearby to help me, especially when things got rough. You are my Early-Morning Child-Caretaker, Projectile Vomit Cleaner, Heavy Object Lifter, G-G Caregiver, Spider Vanquisher and Sanity Saver. On a mundane level, you have also been my Gas-Pumper, Chauffeur, Adviser and Voice of Reason in my day to day life.
I always knew I'd have to be stronger than I am... someday. I guess I always figured that I'd be able to do it inch by inch with you right beside me. Instead, and perhaps rightfully so, I am forced to make the strides virtually on my own.
It hasn't just been for me that you've been decisive, strong and brave.
You've taken care of people that are just as vulnerable and helpless as our own children, and even more so in some cases. In some ways it was probably the hardest work you've ever done, emotionally, mentally and physically, but I can tell even now that you still love them.
Motor Scooter Upkeeper, Computer Issue Go-To-Guy, Emergency Mover, Niece and Nephew Cuddler, Drop-of-the-Hat Babysitter, Mustang Mechanic Assistant, Tension-Breaking Diplomat. You've always been there for your extended family, too. What will they do without you?
Best Man... Best Friend... Life-Coach... Hospital Bed Attendant...
You who would sacrifice your own shirt to staunch the copiously bleeding wound of a co-worker.
As if that wasn't enough, or maybe even too much, you stride forward and choose to serve your country. I have a lot of work to do to keep up with you.
If you ever had any doubt of whether you will be missed by anyone other than your wife and children, you will be. There will be a hole here until you come back.
I'm proud to call you husband and father to my children. I'm proud to be your wife.
You're my hero.
Yours,
Girly