My Dear Husband,
I wanted to say that I have never been prouder of you than I was today. I don't think that would be the complete truth. You have done so much that has made me proud, in spite of what I know you have sometimes thought in the past.
I was so proud when you graduated. I am proud every day when you show me how capable you are. When you play with, teach and love our children. When I realize that you are mine, forever.
But, I was and am proud of you today. You, who showed me what courage is and self-sacrifice. I know some of your motivations: to take care of your family, to serve your country, to better yourself.
I can see parts of our future quite startlingly clearly, now. I can see who you will be and who I will be. I can see our life and, though not all parts of it will be perfect, how happy we will be. I can see our children growing up respecting you as their father and a devoted patriot.
Our faith brought us here, to this very moment. We do not know entirely what our future will hold, but our faith will see us through that, too.
I worry about that inevitable separation from you. I worry that our children will miss you unbearably. I have to keep reminding myself that, in the end, it really isn't all that long, after all. We will miss you and you will miss us. Sometimes it will hurt. I think the reality of those statements will not truly hit for quite a long time.
Until then, we have the summer and the first bit of the school year. I hope we can all make those moments count. They will be so precious to us in the months following.
Never forget how proud and how happy I am and how much in love with you I am.
Yours,
Girly